The Virginia Craft Brewers Fest has a new home for 2020—everyone's. Over the course of seven days this October, craft beer enthusiasts can dial in to a Virtual Tasting Series and interact with brewers and owners from craft breweries all over Virginia. The event will be held on CrowdCast, the Virginia Craft Brewers Guild's virtual event platform. Week one features 11 of the 2020 Virginia Craft Beer Cup Gold Medalists, and Oct. 26 will be dedicated to celebrating Farm Breweries in the Commonwealth.
By registering online, Craft beer enthusiasts can gain access to the sessions for $10 per day, or they can purchase a $60 ticket packet, which provides access to all seven days of the event and includes a commemorative t-shirt.
"We are so excited to offer this unique experience for Virginia Craft Beer lovers! Our Virtual Tasting Series will take you into each brewery's operations as they discuss their selected beers of choice. Finding clever ways to engage and stay connected with our beer community is extremely important during this time," said new VCBG Chair Janell Zurschmeide, Dirt Farm Brewing.
All ticketholders will be sent directly to participating breweries' websites and taprooms to purchase beer for the tastings. The schedule and list of participating breweries is as follows. Tasting events begin at 6 p.m.:
- Oct. 12: Black Hoof Brewing Company; Reason Beer; Stone Brewing; That Damn Mary Brewing Company
- Oct. 13: Beltway Brewing Company; Caboose Brewing Co.; Old Ox Brewery; Port City Brewing Company
- Oct. 14: Benchtop Brewing Company, Cedar Run Brewery, The Board Room VA
- Oct. 19: Strangeways Brewing; Barrel Oak Farm Taphouse; Random Row Brewing Co.; The Virginia Beer Company
- Oct. 20: Ballad Brewing; Maker's Craft Brewery; Smartmouth Brewing Co.; St. George Brewing Company
- Oct. 26: Dirt Farm Brewing; Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery; The Tasting Room & Taphouse at Mount Ida Reserve
- Oct. 27: 2 Silos Brewing Co.; Brew Republic Bierwerks; Pale Fire Brewing Co.