Dear Winery Owner/Winemaker:
Savor Virginia celebrates all of the bites and beverages that make Virginia a flavorful destination to live and visit. Savor Virginia covers news, travel destinations, behind-the-scenes experiences, tasting notes and more related to Virginia’s craft beers, distilled spirits, wineries and farm-to-table food offerings.
Past competitions were a great success and included entries from some of the commonwealth’s best wineries. We hope that this year’s competition will be even better. That’s why we’re inviting you to participate in our 2020 Savor Virginia Wine Classic.
Like last year, the competition will be judged by authoritative members of the wine community in a controlled, blind tasting.
All awards will be announced in the August 2020 issue of Savor Virginia magazine. Here are the entry deadlines and a competition overview.
Qualifications for Entry
· A wine must have been produced for commercial sale.
· The competition will accept entries from wines made anywhere in the state of Virginia.
· Wines entered must be made using a minimum of 75% grapes grown in Virginia.
· $150 for up to five labels entered.
· Pre-registration is mandatory.
· For your convenience, the application process is available online at : https://savorva.com/enter-wine-classic/
· An unlimited number of entries are allowed.
· Each entry includes up to five different labels in any category.
· The same wine may not be entered in more than one category.
· Registration forms must be submitted and received by Savor Virginia no later than May 15, 2020.
· Three bottles of wine per label must be submitted and received no later than May 26, 2020. Please ship wine pre-paid or deliver to Savor Virginia magazine (ATTN: Pamela Hopkins), 1264 Perimeter Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA 23454.
· It is the responsibility of entrants to deliver their entry wines in good condition.
· All leftover wines become the property of Savor Virginia.
· Savor Virginia reserves the right to create new categories if the number of entries warrants.
· Wines will be judged, double blind, using the modified Davis 20-Point system by a panel evaluating each on their relative merits within their category.
· The judges’ decision is final, and results are never altered when the decision is made.
· There will be platinum, gold, silver and bronze metals awarded with multiple winners in each category. Winners will be announced in the August 2020 issue of Savor Virginia magazine.
· White Wines
· Red Wines
· Dessert & Late Harvest Wines
· Rosé, Blush & Pink Wines
· Sparkling Wines
· OSP- Sparkling
· WVB- Vidal Blanc
· WSA- Sauvignon Blanc
· WSY- Seyval Blanc
· WRS- Riesling
· WVG- Viognier
· WPM- Petit Manseng
· WCH- Chardonnay
· WOT- White Other
· ORS- Rosé
· OFR- Fruit
· ODS- Dessert/Late Harvest
· CDR- Cider
· MEA- Mead
· RPV- Petit Verdot
· RCH- Chambourcin
· RML- Merlot
· RNT- Norton
· RCF- Cabernet Franc
· RCS- Cabernet Sauvignon
· ROT- Red Other
Please contact me at 757-422-8979 ext 104 or email@example.com with any questions.
Special Events Manager
VIEW PREVIOUS WINNERS